11.13.2007

Bombay the hard way.

I had today off (I've noticed it seems I only post on my days off, thus creating the illusion to the readers that all my days are off...) and it was highly productive. But it was also ANGIE'S BIRTHDAY. I had the gifts ready in the AM, and basically spent my whole day gathering ingredients/slaving away in the kitchen to produce an epic Indian meal for her and her friends. Ok, I didn't slave away all day- I did go record hunting and found the Steve Martin "Wild & Crazy Guy" vinyl....

Well there was some other stuff lodged in there too, but the menu had some vegetable curry w/ coconut, a kashmiri lentils, saag paneer, nice rice, pickled cauliflower, garlic naan, raita, salty mango pickles and great wine.

It was followed up by a greasy chocolate cake, which SOMEBODY ATE WAAAAAAAAAAY TO MUCH OF, and chai.

I am full and sleepy. I go to bed after a long and fulfilling day.

(Trever is back. I say that again, T-Man is back in Washington!)
____
These are Halloween party pictures fr.om my house mate.

No comments: