5.24.2010

Lark Pie.

I got placed into my hands a book of such appeal and luster to my culinary soul that I had to share it with you.
The recipe that takes the cake is surely this:

Lark Pie.

First half of the recipe.

Second half of the recipe.


The pie. Note the lark's heads. You may also substitute other games birds, such as Corsican blackbirds, etc.

What about this wonderful Spiny Lobster en bellevue Parisienne? Note the truffle, butter lettuce, and lemon crown on sword garnish/coup de grace.

And the lovely Chicken Galantine on a metric ton of chopped aspic.

And this is what was once the height of fine cuisine. Now all these things would be either too heavy for our tastes, or too decadently expensive. That Lark pie is at least a $250 starting point cost, and that's using non-perigord truffles.....to refresh your memory, it's a meat pie with 2 types of sausage forcemeat, then it has 12 larks wrapped in bacon, each filled in with foie gras wrapped black truffles. This is a recipe I may have to try one day.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.