11.23.2009

Shake and Strain.

And so thus begins a week of little work (work work), out of town house guests enjoying their first American Thanksgiving (sorry folks, Take Me Out To The Ballgame is not usually sung around the turkey-table.), and multiple gravies.

But some odds n ends:
I drank 2 new cocktails last night, both featuring Rye whiskey.
Deshler's Cocktail: Rye, Dubonnet, Cointreau, and Peychaud bitters
Brooklyn Coctail: Basically a Manhatten with Rye instead of bourbon.

I'm finding that in general, I like rye whiskeys. But also, in general, I like whisk(e)y. So there.

I have also begun the search for the vehicle that will replace the world-renowned Dodge Dart from service. It's hard to come to terms with the fact that whatever I buy, it will be less reliable, more expensive to insure, fix and run. It will also be built less well, and probably contain less mass (unless I get an old Mercedes diesel or something of that ilk.....) that will make it feel like being in an aluminum can. But whatever I do get will be more fuel efficient, safer and quieter.

The Dart will be continue to serve as a "parking" car though......

No comments: