11.14.2009

Wine-O.

Well, I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee. I have the weekend off surprisingly, and nicely.
Yesterday, I worked at a winery out in Woodinville (Efeste, fyi). I cooked hors d'oeuvres for a wine tasting that included, but was not limited to:

crispy pork belly with a ginger-soy glaze, on mustard dressed celery slaw
seared rare beef on fennel crostini with herb goat cheese mousse
chicken confit on crispy potato cakes (cooked in the chicken grease too!) with tomato jam

It was nice to cook in a super deluxe kitchen- as seriously equipped and nice as the best home kitchen; indeed I would be happy to have that space at my home. Not to blow my own horn, but more than a few people asked me if I was Tony on Tony's Events and Catering (the company I work for). I said, "No. I'm the dishwasher." Ok, no I didn't.

But here's a little thing for you Southern Hemisperoids: A mention of NZ on the biggest sports site in the US, so probably, and not humbly, the world, ESPN.


a mention on the front page! (right above the prisoner remake series, which I'm pretty excited about- as far as I get for tv shows anyways.....)

2 comments:

Morgan Davie said...

woo! go allwhites!

everyone's pretty excited actually :-) Good times all over!

"All Whites" became a trending topic on Twitter, sparking lots of indignant comments by people who thought it was a racist thing. heh!

Morgan Davie said...

Also, I love that they abbreviated us to "N. Zealand". That's not how its done ESPN!