12.01.2008

Bush Wacked!

Man, I just scrambled to the top of the ridge on the east side of the Hutt.
It was a steep go up the fire break, but once I got to the top, the views were worth it, even if one side was Wainuiomata....


But then I got lost coming down.  The trail I chose to take was of poor quality, very washed-out, and very narrow, meaning I was running through hawthorne-like bushes.  I then hit the nicer, "more foresty" stuff.  But the trails were confusing, and I kept coming out into people's backyards!  I just wanted to get out of the bush.  But I did it, and treated myself to my 1st meat pie of the trip.  Man it was GOOD.  I love 'em!

And I replaced my camera- the one that I bought for this trip, and then washed the day I left for NZ.  It never worked after that...but I got a new one, with a nicer lens (a LEICA!).

I'm going to rock everyone at pub quiz to-nite!

3 comments:

2treesandahorse said...

so jealous

Anonymous said...

ohhhh...leica....drooling...

Anonymous said...

ohhhh...leica....drooling...