5.12.2008

Camping to Zeppelin

Man!
I slept in- I am off today. Nice to catch up on sleep. I put on Zeppelin II, sip strong coffee, have my "Korean Farmer's Breakfast." That consists of rice, kim-chee, and a lightly scrambled egg mixed with soy sauce and chili sauce.
The record is loud.
I bought a tent last week, a solo, ultra lightweight one. I had it set up in my room, but didn't take any pics. I've been putting together a gear list of light solo equipment. I think I have it all now. I filled my pack to the Lemon Song- the lighter, smaller pack (40L), instead of the bigger one (85L) I got from Trever that he used on his Siberia trek.
I fit it all in/on. Biggest thing/luxury: A nice sleeping pad. One cannot skimp on that I think. It will keep you comfortable, rested and most importantly, warm.
Here are pics of me all kitted up:








Call sign: Hammerhead.

3 comments:

d3vo said...

Dude, nice looking tramping gear! Happy tramping :-)

Morgan Davie said...

U Can't Touch This

Hammer Head

Anonymous said...

Call sign hammerhead! Mount up. Hey, is that a german back pack? Did you check your ultralight list?

-M&M's, take the peanuts out. .7 oz
-Snow dried tofu. .5 oz
-3 Origami papers, for the bowl/duck caller .1 oz
-Unpicked belly lint for fire stoke .3 oz
-Bivy sack made from left over pizza foil .8 oz
-Razor for slow foods recipe for ant heads .5 oz

Lastly,
-Feng Shui mirror for camp site harmony 3.7 oz