9.23.2007

T-Man Fu

I have the T-Man in my room as we speak. And he just asked me about the Otago Kiwi drawing I was gifted, so I told him that story. One cannot hate that story...
Trever is in town from Hawaii for the week, and he spent his day in Seattle, going about the market and Ballard, and then he came over for the big dinner, which was "Barbarian Grill Night." Lynard Skynard would've approved indeed.
We had 3 different kinds of meat in 4 different cuts.
We also had fresh black beans (which I hadn't cooked before), an awesome salad with 'maters, baby cucs, and French Breakfast radishes. Roasted baby red potatoes and leeks were also served, and some mustard pickled peppers also were present.

Ice cream was a very good day. We had lots of people doing the 3 for $10, and even had a girl buy 14 cups (at a very good discount). She also got a shirt.
And my dad and step-mom showed up, un-announced, which was cool. My dad described the carrot-habanero sorbet as confusing. It's sweet, then spicy, but the temperature is cool. Toungue disorientation can be cool.

It was a nice weekend.

No comments: