10.20.2007

Armed and Crazy.


I am done with changing my room around. It's really different. Perhaps over-utilized on one side, but the "guest quarters" needed to happen with Damon's arrival later this week. After he goes, I am getting a desk to make that part the "office."
I think I've moved EVERY thing except my clothes dresser, which was going to move, then didn't. I guess also things on walls are still static. One nice feature is that I've moved my record player to the corner of the room, where the floor has no creaks, thus allowing for skip-free playback. Stabil is great. I've listened to records all this evening while moving.
Played on my turntable:

Warren Zevon- Stand In The Fire (recorded live at the Roxy in LA)
Johnny Paycheck-Armed and Crazy (best song title is "Thanks to the cathouse, I'm in the doghouse with you.")
George Gershwin- An American in Paris. It's so fantastic.
Willie Nelson & Webb Pierce- In the Jailhouse Now

What a night.

Earlier today, we had our last day of ice cream production. Tomorrow is the last day of sales at the market, and what a ride it's been. We're planning on having the "last supper" afterwards. I am throwing it all down.
The Mint Triple Choco Threat is wicked, that's all I can say. True Bliss.

I've also changed what I'm dressing as for Halloween. I had planned on being a lercherous hunchback, i.e. Igor from Young Frankenstein, but a completely random idea came up, and I jumped on it. I won't say what it is here, but needless to say that when I told the costume shop guy who/what I was going to be, he said, "wow. I think that's a truly original idea."
I will say Pierce in NZ would be proud.

And, uh that's it I suppose. I tried a new pho place that was better than all others I've had recently.....

Well, off to make a late dinner. Looks like I'm staying in tonight.

No comments: