2.11.2008

My Morning Jacket

My winter jacket problem has (I hope) come to an end.  I wonder which will end 1st, my prob or winter?

Anyways, I had a hard time finding a heavy coat- I didn't have one, since I missed last winter, and I can't remember now what I did before (fleece and a rain coat I think) I left for NZ- and I decided I was done being cold.  So I looked and looked, then decided on getting a down jacket from REI.  It seemed a wise move, being in a sleeping bag jacket.  But it ripped 3 days after I got it, and I retuned it.  My 2nd one lasted longer, but it split it's seems.  The one great thing about REI is that you can take things back for whatever reason.  2 years of shoe wearing, and they break- you can take them back, and get your money back.

So I took 2nd coat back, got credit, and it turns out, they've gotten rid of all their winter coats.  There was nearly nothing.  And I was there a month ago, and they had tons.

So I left angrily, went to 2nd ascent, and payed less for a coat that's sold for waaaaay more elsewhere.  It's a GoLite.  I like in the "uses" description it reads:

  • Alpinism
  • Ice climbing
  • Backcountry skiing/snowboarding
  • Around town
  • Skiing
Guess which one I use it for?

No comments: