10.26.2008

Going back.....to the future!

I've been long over due in mentioning this here, but to some they know already:
This will be the condensed version of my tale.
I am selling my ice cream company.  I decided this a long time ago.  My life had some changes in it, that made me put everything under the microscope, and I realized that I'm the kind of person who needs to have all my successes mine, and all my failures mine too.  I cannot deal well with people who don't live up to my expectations.  So I knew then that I had to start on a solo project.
I also grew tired of my pay job, and realized I was going stagnant there.  I gave notice that I was leaving, and have 3 days left on my tenure.  They are losing the best sous chef that they ever had, as they claim, but my contention is this:  I just did the job.
For the month of November I am camping, traveling to visit family on the East Coast, and hanging out with my family in Olympia.  The day after Thanksgiving, I get on a plane to New Zealand.  I will be there at least until February.  I have little in the terms of definite plans for NZ; mostly I am going because I feel like arriving there will end "the current chapter" of my life (which has seen tremendous highs and crappy lows...).
So I look to the future!

4 comments:

Morgan Davie said...

Come on down, Alligator. We got some Pavlova for ya.

d3vo said...

Seconded, we can go find dining and chase women.

2treesandahorse said...

rock it hard brother.

Anonymous said...

You know what we all should do? We should all play Nails!