7.01.2009

Summer Madness.

I am leaving for the nation's Capital in a few hours. (Ok, I omitted something- I fly into Baltimore 1st!)
For the 4th of July weekend, I expect MADNESS. And only that. Mayhem on the loose! (Insert "Gator" for "Stormtroopers") And that will be the soundtrack.

But before that, I am cooking dinner, again supplied by the local garden for youth, GRuB. I talked with some of the coordinators about doing some cooking classes there, or just cooking food for lunch. It's a pretty sweet summer experience for 16 year olds I think....
I gots me some bok-chok, mint, basil, broccoli, and green onions which I'll cook up in some Asian-esqu stir-fry with shrimpies. Over Jasmine rice.

And of course, some cherries (lapins methinks.) to go with my Mint Julep. (I love how the 1st print mention is that some Virginians were drinking it in the morning. Typical.)

You know how I know I am in Summer time?
That's how.

No comments: