12.01.2009

わにのすしばか!

It was so crazy. I drove my brother's Lexus (borrowing it for a bit- a very different driving experience than the Dart let's say mildly!) down to Chinatown to have dining hour with Trever.

Sushi at Maneki, Seattle's oldest sushi restaurant. We ate like crazy.
Unagi-green onion roll (the jojo roll)
Hamachi roll, a yellowtail delight.
Nigiri: hamachi and kamapchi (amberjack)
Tempura Udon
Tako-yaki. (I once made Beth eat these at Kazu in Welly)
Miso. Sapporo. Tea.

And the health inspector came around, freaking the kitchen staff out, in general.

After dinner, T and I walked around our old hood, the original Seattle hood for me: the ID. It's such a funny neighborhood, one that contrast so much between day and night. And it's sort of boring, and it's seedy. But the food? ぐらと!

We wandered into a vintage video game store, and held controllers of outdated and once obsessed over game systems. A Panasonic 3DO? They had one for sale. The best feel of any controller in your hand? A Dreamcast's!

Afterwards, the magic was beginning to wane as we walked around, and we got stopped by someone trying to get some ducats out of us. I said "sorry." Trever actually went a different route: he said "Italiano" Thinking that the woman wouldn't hassle him further, she began to say any Italian word she could come up with. He was surprised, I laughed, and then he blew up at her in fake Italian crazy shouting.

There was a Mama-Mia in there somewhere I think....

3 comments:

Trever said...

Mamma mia, lets do it again soon. I'll be up on the 22nd!

Trever said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CP said...

Holla at cha homies. Sorry I couldn't be there.... work....