5.02.2010

Changes.

I am working at home today on the new restaurant stuff. Taking over tomorrow morning officially.

Going to be changing, over the next few weeks, and even months (hopefully not so much the latter):

-Menu. This is going to be nice, simple, clean, high end, traditional café style food with local sourcing. A half step down from fine dining, because we'll be using great technique. This goes into effect the 12th.

-Name. I have some secret ideas.

-Aesthetics, such as menu design, going up to overall look and lighting, to service ware.

-Attitudes. This is the trickiest, hardest part, but I am going to make people take responsibility for their actions, and engrain in them pride and hard working. I am there to take command, and call people out. People aren't going to like it, but changing from being lazy and messy is something people resist, because it's easy. My dad suggested I read legendary NBA coach Phil Jackson's book about leadership of many great players with different approaches to work ethics. Interesting idea....

I have to get a move on some stuff. Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

Morgan Davie said...

that Phil Jackson book is a good recommend. The guy knew some stuff about making teams function. Huge respect for his prowess.

Tickle-me-T-Mo said...

Plus one for Jackson rec. Did you get to pick the name of your new digs? Can I chime in here? Okay:

1)"Call Me Jackson"

2)The Happy Napkin

3)I think so, not-so-extinct cuisine

4)FACT (Food Air-traffic Control Tower)

5) (Picture of a big bare belly with a smiley face painted on it)

6)Smuggle Belly

7)Yessing

8)Cafe Wanita (not to be confused with Cafe Jaunita)

9) Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

10) Bodacious Rx

11) The Edacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Palette

Now that I've expunged my brain...