5.27.2010

Translator.

I remember when I was in high school, and discovered that there were internet translators around. Did they work? No! Did I utilize them? Yes, sometimes! But did I understand that they were maybe fine to get the general idea of the text? Maybe!

This should've been out there, letting me know I shouldn't of been using them.

My test: "The Alligator is Amazing". The result: "Strange Crocodile" (10 results), "Awkward Alligator" (25 results), and "Set School" (Max results). So yeah. Where do I get a UN translator job between North and South Korea? Imagine: "They said what about my skiing?!?" (I put in missile defense......)

1 comment:

T said...

Oh, yeah, my buddy and I built one of these a couple years ago. Here's one of my favorite snippets.

Do you know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man,
Do you know the muffin man,
That lives in Drury Lane?

Yes, I know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man,
Yes, I know the muffin man,
That lives on Drury Lane.

Which translated to:
 
I know it's a Donuts.
People Mansion Cream Cake
I know it's a Donuts.
Dali Lane?
Yes, I know people cake.
People Mansion Cream Cake
Yes, I know people cake.
Life.