8.06.2007

Soup man

Whew. I am tired. I had to wake up at 5am, since I'm working breakfast all this week. I have little idea of what the menu is, since I cook that menu about 1 week a year (or less). At least it's mostly eggs, which is the one thing I learned how to cook in NZ. I had never held a breaky shift before that, and today, I made myself proud....and then I started on 2 soups for later this week. I also don;t do much soup at night- I usually hold over the day stuff, which is generally good stuff. It's predictibly consistent.

My soups this week:
Mon- Roasted Tomato and Chili with Oregano and Farmer's cheese ( Mexican style)
Tues- Tuscan braised pork shoulder with white bean and fennel (thickened with bread crumbs)
Wed- Cucumber Gazpacho
Thurs- Oxtail consommé scented with madeira
Fri- Brazilian Chicken with coconut and citrus

I need to go to bed now and dream of soup and appropriate garnishes/accoutrements.

1 comment:

d3vo said...

Dude, nice menu!

D.