12.17.2007

I'm going to......Memphis?!?

I had a date last night with Angie where we went to the used bookstore down the way, and looked at travel guides to gain a better sense of what we wanted to do.

So I went straight for The Onion's Atlas. I figured it would be a fine place to start to appreciate the lesser known factoids of a prospective country of terminus. Not really, but Peru's sub-header was "Always with the damn pan-flutes!" I think it genius for some reason.

Then I had the great idea of just going to the airport on the 1st day of our vacation off. We could go to the ticket counter, and tell them we'd be willing to fill in available seats for cheap. 2 tickets to Memphis, Egypt?! No, Memphis, Tennessee. Errrr.....

We made a choice, and it's secret. I will tell you this: It's not Memphis. (damn)

And then we had Italian food at Bizzaro. It was bizzare indeed. It was an oddly decorated hole in the wall that specializes in fresh pasta, and it was fine. It hit all my pre-conceived expectations.

I leave you with this:
Apparently, there's to be a nails feature at a party in NZ, and all I have to say is this: No costumes or using "tournament of death" to describe it. Those ideas are patent pending!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wanisan, did you ever find any investors? I read about your ice cream business in the Seattle Times, cut out the article and just found you through Google. The article said you were stopping selling in late October to focus on finding investors. I have never tried your ice cream, but am intrigued and might be willing to make an investment.