9.28.2008

206 Hip Hop

Last night, I got to go to the Blue Scholars/Hieroglyphics show at the Showbox, on the guest list. I went with my friend Nicole, who is actually the reason I got in for free- she knows the guy that runs the sound board for the Blue Scholars. They ripped it, in front of an absolutely insane hometown 206 crowd. It was also a pleasure to see the classics Hiero, minus Del the Funky Homosapien though. I've loved those guys since I first heard their album '93 till Infinity, in say, '96....
It was also the 1st show I've been to for a long while- I had forgotten how much I enjoy shows.
And today, I sold the cream, went for a run, and watched the Sunday night football game which just ended.
Alright, to sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wani, am I getting old, cause now
Hip-Hop music is so sad to my ears. Grown men posturing like poets with insecure braggadocio in their voices 99% of the song. Not to mention the majority of samples can't and will never touch the musicians who crafted the originals. Point and case, Billy Cobham's 'Heather' from his album Crosswinds.