9.03.2008

Basque Birds and Drunken Aliens.

Man, oh man, oh Manischewitz....
I headed to a few new places yesterday after work, and revisited some old ones in hope of, I suppose, to re-capture past glories.
I first went to the whisky bar.  Guess what you do there?  Unfortunately, fighting wasn't on the ticket at such an early time of the day.  But I did get asked by a bum if he could $200, because he's high on dope and doesn't want to do anything else, especially work.  Nor could he, because he was high on dope, as he stated multiple (and quite honestly) many times.  I suppose it's worth a shot- I should ask random people for $200 too.
I then got excited to go to Txori, a Basque restaurant, to drink txakoli and eat pintxos.  The space is everything I'd love to have: Small, light and interesting.  More towards the minimal in most places, but a rustic shelving system housed everything behind the bar, creating a contrast.
The food and drink: fine, but like the chef's other venture, waaaay to expensive for what you actually get.  I'm glad I went, but I'd never go back again by my choice.  When you know what food actually costs, it can drive one insane as to see it be sold.  And by the looks of it, others have noticed too: the place was dead at peak dinner time.  But maybe, since it's a bar first, the crowd will arrive later.
And then the rest of the night was kinda uneventful, except I talked a lot in my to-be-halloween-character's voice.  I am going to be an alien in the 50's mold: green skin and silver suit.  I will talk something like a robot, and the alien's whole deal is that it just wants to be taken to your coldest, tastiest, malt-based beverages, not your leader.
Par-tay.

No comments: