9.14.2008

Pickled Beans

Sorry for the lack of action round these parts....you know how it goes, right?  Still love your old pal 'gator right???  I hope.
What's the news?  Had a long-is week, since we had the compounding problems of not placing a dairy order the previous week (to have ice cream mix for the following week) and the dairy then not having cream on our scheduled day.  So we were behind, making ice cream on days I'm not used to...
Last night I  had the evening free, and spent part of it laying in the park with iced tea and lemonade on a blanket, watching some teenagers get busted by some bike cops for smoking pot.  Then I got to roll my friend's mom's Mercedes all night.  You don't know know how much restraint it took me to not go ridiculously fast on the freeway when there was an open stretch ahead of me.  Those cars were designed for the autobahn, no doubt.  It's probably a good thing I drive the dart- it will never be able to go 140 mph.  
Today we rocked it at the market, selling the most ice cream EVER.  EV-AR.  I was on fire kids.  And then Tom and I celebrated with $3 Bloody Marys at King's Hardware.   Mine had extra pickeled veggies/no salt on the rim.  I forget, do ya'll drink a good bloody mary down in NZ?

1 comment:

Morgan Davie said...

We still love ya, 'gator!

The bloody mary is definitely on the scene down here, but I don't rate it as a commonplace. Maybe someone else will correct me on that.

Mmm. Bloody mary.