2.16.2009

Adventure.

For those of you that missed the Alligator Adventure last friday night, here are the questions for the event. If you live in Wellington, then think about them, and if you don't, then the answers are provided, but probably won't mean much...

On the waterfront I command, I take charge.
Slightly rusty, my height is quite large,
Made out of steel, nary a woman to feel,
It’s almost certainly a very old ________________.


I’m an old gal with lots of fire.
To expand was my driving desire.
To look on the Kent, I’m seemingly hell bent,
I’m an original POM with an ________________.


Look at my colors, look at me dart!
Confusing I know, but I have lots of heart.
Not filled with vodka, alas only agua,
Aren’t I Welly-town’s best piece of ________________?


Take a trip in the sea near Aruba,
An island with blue water to scuba.
The leader’s a Red, is he on his deathbed?
Come have a drink at the capital of ________________.


Alas it’s Aaron’s big night.
To toast him would only be right.
This I hope you can decode, before it can explode,
Stop at the place with more than ________________.


Are you up to it? Something very extreme!
You need courage, gumption supreme!
I trial I’d flunk, even when drunk,
You better hold on, ‘cause you’re gonna ________________!


To the sky I’m seemingly bound.
I’m interesting, I’ll surely astound.
With your concern, you’ll see only fern,
Can you find me? I’m silver and ________________.
Yet another place to fall off the wagon.
Have a dram, a pint, or a flagon.
I didn’t say Patagonia, I said Snowdonia!
Meet me at the place of the ________________.


For this one you need a translator.
Someone from the home of the gladiator.
I wouldn’t lie, I could eat a pie,
With sauce made from a to-________________.


***BONUS***

The damn law made me turn over new leafs.
They’re really uncomfortable, you couldn’t beliefs!
Ladies walk past, sometimes I harass,
Ask me, do I wear boxers or ________________?


***FINAL LOCATION***

To this adventure, it’s time to bid farewell.
Come on down, I command, I compel!
No place for a snooze, alas only booze.
Come on down and ring the night ________________.

Answers: 1. Barge (the old one on the waterfront) 2. Empire (Queen Victoria statue on Kent Tce) 3. Art (The enigma that is the bucket fountain) 4. Cuba (Havana Bar) 5. Might (Mighty Mighty) 6. Scream (The bungee sligshot ride) 7. Round (the civic square flying sphere) 8. Dragon (The Welsh Dragon bar) 9. 'Mater (Pizza Pomodoro) 10. Briefs (Blanket Man) 11. Bell (Motel, with it's ring for entry bell)

I've decided to go up to Coromandel for a couple days to go on a vision quest. Be back for the Cuba St. carnival on Saturday!

No comments: