2.15.2009

Alligator B-Day Love.

Awww, the weekend is over, and I am exhausted- it was a wild one. The aforementioned Friday night, with it's ridiculous antics around town and at Motel.
Saturday, during the day was a fight to stay awake, even with a nap, because Saturday night was Atomic, the 80's dance party at San Fran. That was great too, but it really took all my energy to be able to get the engine started, but once it did, I was on fire. That was just after midnight, when I got to tell everyone that it was my birthday, and have a guy tell me he loved eating taquitos in the US...that may have even been the highlight of his trip, those taquitos....
And then after another late night, and early Sunday morning, I had a dinner with "the family"
at Regal Chinese. At the dinner, I received the gift of supreme Alligator love, a scarf knitted by Caroline, which is an Alligator. Morgan gets to share credit (now that they're married) in that he picked the color of the wool. The scarf is truly amazing, and I cannot put into words how swet it is!
Morgue, Cal, Malcom and I then went to Strike Soundsystem, a crazy Wellington percussion group that utilized umpteen different drums and cymbals of the traditional sort, marimbas, a dj, big tubes, a car fender, a human beatbox, electronics, water and fire to make rhythmic sounds. Amazingly entertaining, I'd recommend, but I said it last night, and I'll say it again: if these guys practised more often, they'd have a hit, a tour and hit show. There were moments where things were off, but really only because the entire concept was massive in it's scope.
And then I slept, slept for 12 hours nearly...

1 comment:

Morgan Davie said...

So glad you like the scarf, man. That thing is a monster!

This was a good weekend. Thanks.