2.25.2009

Repairs.

Repairs, everything I own seems to be in need of repair....that's either a matter of me being in my head too much, like my dad suspects, or that I don't earn enough money (really, when you're retired like me, it's that you don't have any income, except poker and bets) to just simply buy new ones with total disregard....
My tent, my new(-ish) tent I bought at the beginning of the year: I never really mentioned it, 'cause it's embarrassing, but it got ripped. And when I say ripped, I mean the tent fly got cut, when I (tried to) cooly flicked open my pocket knife, and just basically stabbed the tautness.

Yup. I am an idiot.

And then there's my computer too, which has been taken in, after Damon and I cleaned it out/I forgot 2 steps of the screw removal. I realised my error, but only after Damon had put some pretty strong force on the motherboard. Which was probably going to be replaced anyways, but it could have used without the wrenching anyways...

Don't get me started on things like my Dart!

I suppose while other people have been investing their money into market-driven retirement accounts and houses, I've been investing in myself...which some may argue needs repairs too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Investing in oneself always provides a good return.