3.26.2009

Dart-ness.

I am back in my hometown, Olympia Washington.  It's pretty odd here.  I think my mind is still in NZ, and my physical form is (attempting) to reject this cold, end of winter drabness of the wild.  I even saw snow on the ground yesterday when Trever and I went up into them that Black Hills!  It broke my no-snow streak.
Today I then got the ole' Dart out of "storage" and man what a trip that was/is.
-Had the damndest time changing a completely flat tire.  Pneumatic wrenches are my enemy.
-Fluids.  Fluids and more fluids.
-Mold.  Yup, serious mold.  I am going to have to completely clean the inside.  There's fuzzys all over.
-"Burnin' it out."  Just getting to drop the hammer down, to burn off all the crap that had formed during it's sabbatical.
-Driving on this side of the road, whatever side that is.....still haven't figured it out.

I love it's noise, it's utter lack of "feeling safe," it's size, it's lack of power anything!  It's like riding an animal, nay a BEAST, that barely wants you to hold on.  After Petanquing it for so long, respect Japanese cars built in the 90's suckers, but respect even more the cars of Detroit built in the 60's.  That is the quality America needs again.  Serious metal.  Heavy duty.

Anyways, life here is like jumping into a cold river.  I feel like I can't react to swimming in it's current yet; I need to adjust to it's chill....

No comments: