3.15.2009

Feasts.

I cooked a feast today.  The reason was simply I didn't think I was going to be able to cook another big family meal while I am here down under.
I went to the market this morning, and got myriad peak of season produce items.
Highlights: Tomatoes (I cry to myself to know these are fleeting moments with great tomatoes, as it'll be 6 months almost till locals get into my body again!), green beans, Hungarian peppers.

Menu: (served family style)
-perfect avocado and Trevally ceviche
-sweet corn, tomato and green bean succotash
-roast potato, grilled scallion, feta salad (with soft boiled free range eggs)
-cevacaci, Serbian meatballs made of lamb and pork, grilled and served on roasted onions with dill
-Doris plum crostata with sweet buttermilk
-Felice's perfect chewy pavlova with fresh, tart raspberries

I know it's sort of a mash-up of styles/regions, but when you get sweet corn, avocados, and berries that all grow here and are ripe now....I guess I should've gotten some passion fruit is all I can say to exacerbate more!

On a completely unrelated note, I am going camping at lake Waikaremoana this week, so I won't be back till next weekend.  See you soon! 

1 comment:

Nicole said...

How many tent hours have you logged out there Wani?
Nicole and I are going to adopt children so you can makes us a feast.