4.17.2010

CicadaFest 2010!

I was unemployed for 14 hours.

In short, I am back at the company I was at before the restaurant. Position will be different, I will be running the restaurant, and so, it means it will be my food on the menu. I have a vision of nice bistro food with local sourcing. It's a hotel with room service, so there are some concessions I have to make, but most things can be worked out....anyways more on this as it happens.

Yesterday I went to eat dinner at Frank's Oysterhouse and Champagne Parlor. I was all gussied up in my suit, since I was heading to a classical music recital afterwards. My friend Bishop and I ate a fine dinner of deviled eggs, wedge bibb salad with green goddess dressing, ham n cheese biscuits with apple butter, crab louie, and a NY steak with some potatoes gratin. The whole deal there is throw back 50's era menu stuff with some modern viewpoints. It's a nice little spot, I'll be back, but probably for happy hour in their cool little lounge.

And then, after a musically-challenging-for-me-in-its-esotericness-and-technicality recital, I went down with another friend, who also gussied up, to the Sambar, for high end cocktails, such as a Dechlers and the old Corpse Reviver #2. They were meticulously crafted, for sure.

And then we went to the local PI, where we were overdressed by a huge margin, but explained to people that we were celebrating the cicadas coming out for the 1st time in 13 years, and MAN! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?!? So, yeah, that meant enjoying the High Life.

And then for people outside of this city, Soundgarden played a reunion show last night, where tickets went on sale less than 24 hours before, and sold out in 2 minutes or something like that. Crazy.

No comments: