2.06.2007

Born in the USA

Did I come back to this? I forgot all about the massive portions!


It is surreal to be back in the US, but I suppose Waikiki as your 1st impression is not the best one. Where else can you view literally a dozen Japanese tourists videoing themselves walking by Gucci, Prada, Coach, etc? And how do feel about that?

Anyways, my last weekend in Aotearoa was choice: I thank the Drinkwaters mucho. Taranaki was a nice relaxation/decompression from my events of leaving. I saw parts of NZ that are never seen by outsiders- like the Republic of Whangamomona. The last night in Auckland was spent feeling like a wised old man doling advice to the newly arrived Germans. I heard, "so after my week in Auckland, I can't wait for my week in Queenstown!" Yes I can tell you're interested in the real NZ....
...but I'm not bitter.

So right now I'm in Hilo, HI, with Trever Santora and Christopher Panado. We have a large week of idiling around forgotten beaches, and spending Thurs and Fri nights at a lush Kona resort.

America is strange, and I'm sorry, the airports are almost more hassle than they're worth. But people are different to be around; they interact differently, and talk with a different tone.
It's strange, but then again, Hawaii is not all typical USA. So without further ado:

For Morgan.

5 comments:

strong light said...

nuZiland is missing you already. :-(

And, yes, this is a very nice blog.

Anonymous said...

Funny -- I didn't realize there were subways in Hawai'i. I guess on the big they just laid track down in some old lava tubes.

Poi oh poi.

Anonymous said...

I sang along with the chorus every time. I don't know what it is...

~`morgue

strong light said...

I taught my brothers in law how to play NAILS. the fenomenom spreads...

Wanisan said...

Nails spreads like a plauge....