2.28.2007

Cold front in the convergence zone!

It's SNOWING!

And I love how when it does, everybody FREAKS, and cannot drive slow enough.
Causing a 50 car pile-up. No joke.

When it snows, it's the lead story. CLEARY, there is more important local news?

Well, looking into it, it was kinda a slow newsday. Nevermind.
___

I took my old job back, and got a BIG raise. Not really, but it's decent. And my special was:
Vanilla-scented braised shortribs (grass-fed beef from Walla Walla) on a sweet potato (not kumara) cake and braised leeks with blood oranges.

It was good.
_____

AND, most importantly, and lost in this blog post, was the fact that I had my first official meeting with the boys about the restaurant project. A lot of good ideas were brandied about. But the highlight was Tom's qoute about kids:
(In a REAL Southern accent) "And I don't want no kids either...well, no stupid kids. I don't want no fuckin' ball pit in the corner...." and it continued like that. It was classic TD. Again though, lot's of good opening stuff, that led to an innovative idea that I will not express openly on this public domain. I'm not paranoid or nuthin', but what's mine is mine.

1 comment:

Morgan Davie said...

You should have a ball pit but put some razor blades in there. That'll learn the screamy little monsters.