2.01.2007

Game Over

I have left Welly/Lower Hutt.
I have left the Davie family.
I have left home, and it was the hardest thing I've done in a long time.
It was easier to come to NZ, and say goodbye to my friends back there-and I even kept it close to myself the possibility of there never being a return to the US (at least a return of staying)

The 1st thing I said to myself when I left the driveway was, "I'll be back."
From there, I started thinking about who and what I get to see and do when I return. My adventure in Hawaii, and the highlights of my past 6 months here in NZ.

High: Thanksgiving.
Low: Every second of work, except the moment I walked outta there.

There are many highs, and so many that they combined into a massive ball of "sweet-as" and led to the aforementioned sadness.

But on a happy note, I'd like to thank everyone who turned out to play nails last night, we approached the 100 nail-in-the-stump mark, which is impressive to me. I'm glad it was I who showed you the new scourge of NZ-I'm afraid of the repurcussions of groups of guys playing rounds of nails in the backyard before hitting courtnay place.



Anyways, I want to keep it short. I'm in some strange territory in my head, and am still working things out.

Morgan, keep the Scorpion hat in good use. And safe.
A wise man once said,
"I like it, I love it, I want some more of it."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe journey, my friend.

We shall play nails together again, and probably sooner than either of us expect.

~`mrg

2treesandahorse said...

Good luck bruv.

Will also see ya soon.

May the moons align to help you in your next stages of life.

Good to see ya, glad you like our land.

Anonymous said...

Have a fun week in Hawai'i. We miss you and look forward to more stories.

Stories and more stories.

Yes.

--paul