2.17.2007

Happy President's Day!

Well- it's this weekend. I had mentioned to Morgan during the brief "thank-you-very-much-for-the-gift-how-are-things-and-do-people-continue-to-live-interesting-lives-without-me?" phone call, that I was going to rate the former USA presidents.
And then I had the idea of, "why ALL presidents? Alot of them were wankers."

What do I get the most out of my prez? It's simple: Cash money.
So the best US presidents in my opinion are (in no particular order) are:

Ben Franklin ($100)
Ulysses Grant ($50)
Andrew Jackson ($20)
Alexander Hamilton ($10)
Lincoln ($5)
Jefferson ($2)
Washington ($1)


Some might see a trend, but that's my honest opinion. Others might point out (like I did) that they're are older, bigger notes to collect. From the US treasury dep't:

There are also several denominations of currency notes that are no longer produced. These include the $500 bill with the portrait of William McKinley, the $1,000 bill with a portrait of Grover Cleveland, the $5,000 bill with a portrait of James Madison, the $10,000 bill with a portrait of Salmon P. Chase, and the $100,000 currency note bearing a portrait of Woodrow Wilson.

Read that again. Salmnon P(ortland) Chase?!?!?! Who's that?

Answer.

Pretty cool I never knew that. Pretty sad that all those "big-bling" bills had to use pictures of men who historically pale in comparison to the older guys.

If you thought that this was ranting, don't EVEN get me started on what good pennies are for!

No comments: