8.06.2008

Polenta Bread

The guy who hounded us for a year about licorice ice cream (but never got it ultimately, when I realized wild licorice root really just infused a dirt...er...an "earthy" aromatic) brought us this bread a few weeks back.
It was INSANE.

I thought he was a pro baker, it was that amazing. And then I found out he's just a retired software engineer with lots of time on his hands. I talked him in to making the recipe, which he did by feel. And he gave me one. In metric. I thought that was so odd....
I baked it at work yesterday, and it came out pretty well. I love the flavor and moistness, but it's structure was too dense. Nevertheless, I made superlative grilled cheese sandwiches with an Italian sheep's milk truffle cheese for dinner. Also in food attendance: A tomato, basil and sweet pepper salad and nectarine-blueberry crisp. Oh, and some Austrian hefe.

Just another Tuesday (very hot!) night.

No comments: