8.24.2008

Vacation to Bolivia!

Man, what a week.  I've been hard at work since I last checked in.  Actually, I haven't really, and it's on the radar of the big boss that I'm not working my 40 hours/week as stipulated by my contract.  My argument is this:  We're not busy enough to warrant me being there 40 hours and/or, I am so good at doing my job, it doesn't take me 40 hours to do what most people can do in that amount of time.  Basically, I'm not changing much....
I've been hanging out, and doing the ice cream stuff.  The usual.  We've started selling at Theo chocolates, where we get our chocolate from.  There's a freezer in the retail store- just one more notch in the belt.
I just got home from having dinner at a co-workers parent's house for dinner.  I met her mom yesterday- she is Bolivian, and she said she wanted to cook me a traditional dinner.
I had 2 different kinds of freeze dried potatoes, one white (they're washed in glacial water) and one black (they're dried on the alto-plano, under hay and stepped on by poor people).  We also had a chicken stew, and the Bolivian equivalent of a Pisco Sour, made with some booze called Singani, made from Moscatel grapes.  We also talked of Che Guevarra and his exploits....
Another week tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you just keep impressing me