8.29.2008

Hardcore Rain Camping.

I'm back.
Short story is: It rained.  Lots.

T-Man and I hiked into the lake area, under a constant shower.  I wore boots, Trever wore flip-flops.  That's right.
We drank tea, and hunkered down in the tent, and I attempted to dry out my socks.  You know they're not going to dry when you wring them out multiple times, and every time they seem to yield more foot-scented water than before.
This morning we hiked out, and I slipped.  I think that's when I lost my fuel bottle for my MSR stove.....suck.
Most hardcore moment of the hike: stripping down to our skivvies, and wading across the river in cold waist high water.
All in all, it was fun, and relaxing.  Always nice to be away from people, even if it's ridiculously wet, and your friend doesn't bring a sleeping bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a sleeping bag afterthought, next time, and yes that'll be soon, we'll be...I'll be fully prepared sweetie! Harr!

2treesandahorse said...

Did you double up for warmth.