9.06.2009

Bowling.

Yesterday I spent the majority of the day with my little sister Sophie.

I took her to get some legit Wonton soup at Wonton City, and she surpassed what I thought she'd order, and she got the same thing as me, the brisket/wonton soup. She also ate some of my gai-lan with oyster sauce. And when I explained how said sauce is made (cooked down oyster broth) she didn't flinch. She just said, "hmmmm." That's a good sign in my book.

And then we went bowling. At her insistence, the bumpers remained. And with the bumper's help, she actually BEAT me the 1st two games, since she kept picking up her spares, and I couldn't. But then, I said to myself, "an alligator doesn't lose at bowling to his 10 year old little sister. Pick it up son." So then I went on a frenzy, and bowled a 143, finishing with a turkey. And then 2 more wins followed that, comprehensively I might add....

And then it was paying time, and I thought the guy said $16 dollars, and I thought, "that's not bad...." and I handed him a $20. But he said, "No, I said $60." My jaw dropped. I wanted to say, "WTF?!? This wasn't worth it!" But I just payed, and stewed. The problem with bowling with 2 people is that you go very quick. Games add up. That and bowling isn't that great. That's the other problem with bowling....

And also, I almost forgot that when I entered the lanes, I saw this girl and my instant reaction was "why is Beth Davie here at the bowling alley?" Her true doppleganger exists in Bellevue. It was insane in the exactness of Beth.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did Mum not tell you about my evil twin? Looks like me, but is WAY better at bowling.

Wanisan said...

Her bowling ability is what makes her evil? Sounds like you're the jealous twin....