3.27.2010

Dreams.

I had a wild, vivid dream last night, or really this morning before I awoke.

I was on a Canadian roadtrip, and I reached a city, surely more magical than anything that exists, and surely anything that exists in Canada. It was akin to a modern Machu Picchu, as it was an epic physical locale, with an old meets modern city, like say Copenhagen, Montreal or Palmerston North. (I've only ever actually been to one of those places, and it had a nice square I hear....) When I looked on a map in the dream, it appeared around the area of where Kelowna is. Huh.

So this dream was so vivid I drew it:


And it still doesn't do the dream city justice. There were glaciers on 2 sides, and this crazy old quarter, and it even had a subway. There were houses overhanging the glacier/waterfalls, and I thought to myself, "that seems dangerous." And it would be.

And then I woke up, feeling like the adventure was unfinished; I wanted the journey to have an ending, and the city to be known to me.

And then on my way to work, I thought again of this dream, and I made the connection to this song, by Weezer, which Kenji picked a couple weeks ago, on the jukebox at Leny's, while we played pool. He said it was "good value for the money." It's a great song....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interlochen. Very impressive.