4.11.2007

The Calendar Business

Today I heard one of the best quotes ever, and it was being related to me, second hand from my friend Dustin.
He was telling me that when he was in Belize, he met a guy from the Okanagan -but the Canadian part. I never knew there was a Canadian part, as I always knew it to be a county in Washington State.
ANYWAYS, he replied to the question of "what you doing down here?" with "well I woke up one day and got a dear john, and I figured I should go someplace. Plus I work in a calendar factory, and it's slow time of the year for the calendar business."

I really like that idea, that that particular field of industry is quiet, until say September, then all hell breaks loose, and they print off a gazillion craptastic calendars of things like Tractors, Chickens and Donkeys.

In other news, I received a scare in my email the other day when I received an email from Beth Davie, who is on the SWAT team for NZ Police. All I saw was NZ Police, and thought something was wrong. She mostly bragged about how her new car is the best ever. I suspect only because it was formerly owned by me.
I also told her that if she had been crafty and/or mean, she could have gotten me good. All she would have needed to do was have a work mate send me an email saying that I have 4 outstanding speed camera violations that had to be paid. I would have believed her.

After all, I did come back from Napier in under 3 hours (Anne Davie stop reading) AND hit 185kph.

My last words would have been, "it was worth it." (Use Renegade voice.)

No comments: