4.30.2007

Helado.

This was a weekend I felt kinda wasted. I won't get into the details, but I realized it's ultimately up to me, not others, to make my days off profitable.
The issue with my catering business at this point is scheduling, or more precisely, the inability to have the 3 of us have our days off match. Then add into the equation the fact that people probably want to have their parties on say, a friday or saturday night, and that can't be realistic for 3 guys in the restaurant business.
So, what do we do? Unfortunately, we cannot just quit our jobs, and make a living doing this, yet.
In my discussions with Dustin today at work, he started making a milkshake. (remember the phrase: it started with a milkshake) This particular one was made with Olympic Mountain "Totally Nuts About Bananas." I'll let you figure out what flavor it is....anyways, I remarked how unexceptional the flavor was, and how it's just lazy not to toast the nuts in the ice cream. Then I noted that really, this company is the only game in town, and perhaps Puget Sound when it comes to "high end" product for restaurants. And it's not good, generally. Their flavor list is impressive, but still, it's no Kapito Coast ice cream-or even close. Hell, Ben and Jerry's is better.
Perhaps this is a good idea, and it'd be lucrative. We can make ice cream in our free time, and put it in the freezer until needed. This is something to think about further....

Also, it seems I've found a place to live in the Ravenna neighborhood. I'll let all y'all know when it's final.

No comments: