4.06.2007

Call Me Renegade

I've decided that this is my new work nickname.


Why?

Cause it kicks the MOST ASS POSSIBLE!!!!!


Think about it. It is a name that means "an outlaw or rebel." That's OBVIOUSLY me. And you get to say it with a raspy-I've-smoked-2-packs-a-day-and-drank-a-bottle-of-fighting-cock-bourbon-AND-I-just-woke-up voice.


"Renegade." He looks up; the knife in his hand stops filleting the piscine flesh. "I've been looking for you....." He trails off when the outlaw glares him down and says, "well, I've been waiting."


See? It's f'ing awesome. It's somewhat "ala Caruso" (similar to ala mode, but not as tasty!)


And I get to wear a leather jacket...wait for it....with the tassles on the sleeves. Choice.


Now, replace the name Chuck Norris with "Renegade" and you have "Renegade Facts."

True (bliss).





Also, less rebellious is a reminder to all that Chicago Public Radio's show This American Life kicks ass, and should be listened to. Available here! I will bounty hunt you down if you don't check out this week's show, about your dream job (not quite available at the moment of posting this-I just listened to it at work).


1 comment:

2treesandahorse said...

Renegade? with tassles on aleather jacket. Hummmm can anyone say bogan.