4.01.2007

Happy Birthday Morgan

It's his birthday today. Say it verbally to him where ever you are, whover you are, whether or not you know him. It's the proper and decnt thing to do!
Or, you can make and consume a pavlova in his name.

All hail Great Morgue Pavlova!
All hail Your being cloudlike!
All hail Your deliciousness!

And so sayeth the Alligator from the book of Moose.

What was that?
Also, I want to thank The Tallest Ninja (patent pending) for buying the holy Moose-ness a drink in my name. I owe you one TTN, and will get ya one back when you sneak attack me from the sky.

Accompanying me on that dessert journey was my favorite-tist pasta dish, Spaghetti al Amatriciana. A Roman dish of tasty intentions, it's loose recipe is this:

Spaghetti noodles for your appetite.
Onions and bacon fryed up with slight color. Add garlic, and don't burn, for Escoffier's sake.
Deglaze with red wine, add thyme. Add tomatoes, and some beef stock or bouillion. Cook until things have made a tomato love in the pot, say 30 minutes. Add lots of fresh chopped flat leaf parsley, and mix with the noodles. It should not be soupy. Top with Pecorino Romano cheese, more parsley, and chopped hard boiled egg. Drink with wine and bee happy.

Grazie.

And thanks to Anne Davie for the insight into how young and free I am. I know and love it.

2 comments:

2treesandahorse said...

dude can i have your chilli recipe. Mine is rubbish, tried what you said but have forgotten a lot.

Anonymous said...

anytime sir alligator. I'll be happy with a tab in your future 5-star dining establishment, good luck with the next stage in planning.