5.03.2007

Food Trends...of the FUTURE!

Today I thought of a conversation I had with Damon aka Devo after some drinks one night. The topic brought up why I was leaving New Zealand perhaps, because it brought up my opinion that NZ's food scene was at least 8-10 years behind what was going on here in Seattle (or at least, what the cool kids are doing here). Damon then asked me what he, and a whole nation have to look forward to.

I have added roasted garlic (blank). The flavor of roasted garlic into anything, ANYTHING will be inevitable. Perhaps I missed that one- that it already came and went, but that unmistakable, played-out, and not very good flavor will be popular at some time.

Other, perhaps cooler things on that list included: emulsions, foams, essences, things cooked sous-vide, purple potatoes, fancy mac 'n cheese, bold southwestern cooking mixed with tropical fruit (I'm looking at you Bobby Flay), infusions, and braised meat cheeks. Some of those are truly yummy. Mango-chipotle salsa is not.
Sorry.

___
Empire Brand Ice Cream by Epicurean Empire. Look for it soon at your farmer's market! Made with local ingredients. Featuring peak of the season produce.
Coming in August: Sweet Corn Ice Cream.
No more secrets will be revealed now.

What's your favorite flavor?

No comments: