7.30.2007

Family Reunion '07

I went to my family reunion on Saturday. My dad's family met my girlfriend, which went great. She's great, but she didn't come prepared for the mental stress of the bocce ball tourney.
I hate to say it, but in the 3rd round, she had a meltdown...but we had already won 2 games, and got beaten by the eventual champions, so it's all good. Next year....
I brought an insane amount of ice cream to Birch Bay, where it was held. Everyone went nuts, which is the usual reaction. I was asked a gazillion questions about the business, which was fine, but it was strange because I was the focal point for about 12 people at one point, and they were just rapid-firing queries my way. I got overwhelmed, so I went swimming in the saltwater, which the sun-baked sand had warmed up when the tide came in.
We camped there on the property, and had a bonfire on the beach that night, which was cool.
In the morning the tide was way out again, and the blue herons were out in force- I counted 16 of them in a stretch of tidal water.
The weekend was nice and relaxing- I'm back to the real life this week, all ice cream and whatnot. Yeah.
I have today off, and I'm organizing my room, and listening to old records that my dad gave me- Aretha Franklin's Soul '69 is on right now. I love it.
And then running Green Lake in a bit.

(Sung to the tune of Devo's Whip It) Lick it! Lick it good! (Ice cream you sickos....)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I may have had a meltdown in the final round, but you forgot to mention that I carried us in the first two games.