7.14.2007

Soda Jerks and stuff

It's late-ish Friday night, and I'm chillaxin' after work. Well, I am actually waiting up for Dragan's radio show- I missed his 1st show last week when I was in DC. I thought that being up at 4 am was a little harsh, when I had to get up early and pack to leave for home....but it's still a bad excuse, since this show is his dream. He's on radio station 91.3 KBCS Friday nights/Saturday Mornings at 1AM to 3AM.

From the website: In Dragan’s own words, “Trans Europe Express will feature non-commercial electronic music from Europe, an eclectic mix of IDM, electro, ambient, experimental and other sub-genres of electronica. It ranges from soft ambient textures to abrasive noise.”

So if you're into abrasive noise, call Dragan. But if you're like me, you just want to hear some mutha-funkin' TIESTO! And if you're really medieval, there's even a show on for you, featuring the music of the darkest ages.

One more week until the Empire is founded. We've even looked at getting scooper hats, you know the old-fashioned soda jerk paper ones? Awesome, except they're sold in boxes of 1000....maybe good for the kids in the future....

I have yet to see my friend Aki since he got back, and this bothers me a little, I'll admit. I have been waiting for the Japanese gansta shit he got for me to rock, and it has yet to be seen by mine eyes. Urasai bakkaro! Korroz!!!!

Finally, I just called Morgan, whom I hadn't talked to in a a coon's age, as some say. While it was nice to hear his voice, it was an absolutely terrible time to chat, and that (without personal details) makes me sad- Morgan, what I miss most about talking with you is your insight, and I thank you more than you know for being (I can only assume) naturally attuned to that.

And finally, I will end on a truly sad note: Trever Santora will not be playing the role of "Russian Soldier #3" in the newest Indiana Jones movie being shot right outside his back door. George Lucas thought he looked too Italian. True story.

No comments: