7.23.2007

Ice cream monster and animal massacres!

Sunday went rather well. In terms of sales, it was just what we expected out of our 1st day. Unfortunately, when I woke up just after 6, it was raining rather hard-not cold though. It stopped just as the market started, but it kept many people away for the day. I want to thank everyone who bought the ice cream, whether or not you know us....

In terms of realizing the first step of the master plan, it went awesome. I was excited to be part of that community of farmer's and small businesses, and just really happy in general. And not stressed out, which was the average state of being for me the last week. But we did it, and it will only get better!

The highlight of the day was feeding a one year old girl her 1st taste of ice cream. There was this look of, "hmmm.....what is this?" quickly followed by a gasp, laugh, shout and smiles. We created a monster!

I went to a nice restaurant on Saturday, Nell's, which is very close to me on Greenlake. There were seven of us, and shared bites of really everything. I think I set a new personal record for "most different types of animal protein consumed in one meal." They were:

-Tuna tartare
-Sockeye salmon
-Veal loin
-Calamari
-Black cod
-Pork Belly (yummy)
-Chicken egg
-Oyster
-Duck
-Pork tenderloin
-Kobe beef hanger steak

That's eleven. Man it was a good meal. And a great, though tiring weekend. I'm gonna go for a run now, then a nap, then....? Who knows (not the shadow)

King Leon, I did it. It can be done in a matter of months.

1 comment:

Morgan Davie said...

HELL YEAH!
(making the sign of the devil and screaming at the camera)