1.25.2009

Gravies Are Made.

What a weekend!  I enjoyed myself so much.  Congrats to Morgan and Caroline on their gettin' hitched!
The event took place in the "Great Hall" of the old national museum/now Massey University in Wellington.  There were over 200 people in attendance, and we had a great time.
Highlights:
-Getting to be one of the last people to be talking with Morgue as a free man before the ceremony, trying to distract him from his nervousness (which wasn't much I think, at least not visibly!).
-Getting to drink in the MUNT FM radio station with the boys (who had a radio show on at that moment playing from the computer- they weren't gonna DJ, they were at a PARTY) and having Apa make me say "fish and chips" and "Auckland" like a Kiwi on the air.  Later, less salubrious words were said over the air.  Don't worry, MUNT is a college radio station with a broadcast range of 1km or so, so really only 3 people might have been listening.
-Ceilidh (pronounced Kay-Lee) dancing.  The traditional Scottish dance was danced by most, with a traditional band playing along.  I had no idea what I was doing, all I know is that Beth Davie thinks I was the BEST dance partner one could have (not really, I was lost until the very end).
-Not having to work at all really during the wedding.  I was amazed that it went as well as it did, seeing as the whole event was a patchwork of people's collective efforts coming together.
-Getting drunk.  Really drunk.  Sorry parents, but I did.  It was my good friend's party of a lifetime, so I made it my party of a lifetime.

Today, we had the BBQ out here in the Hutt.  I cooked sausages, all from the butcher in Petone, and there were cheese kranksys, lamb koftah sausages and pork and herb sausages.  It was hot as it can get in the hutt, and my beers were barely staying cold.  We played nails on a hand selected stump from Taranaki (shout out to Kevin Drinkwater), and brought more people into the nails fold.
The weekend was great.  Much fun and love.
Congrats again to the new Gravies couple!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best? Hmm.....Enthusiastic? Definitely.

d3vo said...

The Gravies, that is real good. I'm not sure I like it more than Morgaline or Calgan though.