1.09.2009

Kapiti Island.

Yesterday I went to Kapiti island with Morgan.  We awoke very early and drove up the coast to Paraparaumu under clouds and rain looked like a possibility.  We took a boat and headed over to the island, where we got an informative introductory talk, with one bird being noted by the guide as, "having the most beautifulist song out."
Our climb to the top of the island, at over 500 meters, was steep; to keep our spirits up we sang Washington State's fight song. (We recently watched Volunteers...)
The view from the top took a while to clear, and never fully did so, but I saw the South Island at least.  Then we went down to the beach on a different track, and ran into more birds, including a Kaka that landed on both of our packs to try to get in them.
Then we basically hung out at the beach, until the time came for our pick-up.  We threw lots of rocks at targets, like little boys, until I threw out my arm...

Today/tonight is Morgue's bachelor party, and I will report on the sane, adult activities that will be undertaken civilly.  Or not. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is never an excuse to sing the coogs song. I am disappointed in you.