10.22.2009

Assorted Seattle Fun.

Beth came to Seattle.
It's over. She's gone. I'm exhausted; playing host takes a lot of energy.

We went to Ballard, ate Mexican food, drank at a tapas bar, and then went to the Viking Tavern, a bar that's been open since 1950. And it's the same, pretty much. We also played shuffleboard, the short form.

Tuesday was chocka, as they say in NZ. From gasworks, to the sculpture garden, to the Theo Chocolate factory tour (I got sick from too much chocolate, she could've eaten far more!), to discovery park to carving pumpkins. Lots of action.

Wednesday was downtown stuff: Pike Place Market, the waterfront, Pioneer Square, an epic lunch in Chinatown, the library. And an amazing dinner party at Dustin and Jackie's.
We had:
-Oxtail and Jimmy Nardello pepper pizza
-Masa Harina crusted halibut with a Venezuelan chimichurri
-Open faced biscuit sandwiches with a hash of potatoes, apple, Brussels sprout leaves and manchego with Mexican braised beef flap meat.
-Assorted adult beverages

She left today, after I had gone to work. We had a grand time, and I'll get to see her next week when I go up to Vancouver for the wedding of CP&LaLa.

Alright, now I have to rid my bike of the fenders that I spent a gazillion hours putting on. I went for a ride tonight, and realized that I need to have the shop do it, as the fender moved and began to make a rubbing noise. Anger is what I felt.

Serenity now!
(Also, got the 2nd season of Flight of the Conchords music, which was released on Sub Pop on the 20th. Too many dicks on the dancefloor!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You never mentioned crazy phone bus boy...that was a highlight