10.26.2009

Pumpkin Points.

Ahoy mateys. Avast you scurvy dawgs!

Last night I went to a pumpkin carving party, and I carved out a Drunken, shouting seas capn'n. But not this one. And definitely not this one. Or this one (worst of all! Don't get me started on the diatribe about getting a ring that gives you the power of "heart!")

Anyways. I did good. At the pumpkin thingy which I lost track of....
But I made a pretty sweet dish, which I sampled when Beth came to Seattle at the little Szechuan place in the I.D. - Gingered Pumpkin with Salted Chicken.

Basically, you:
Cut a pumpkin up into big cubes. Boil it and drain. Mash it slightly (still want chunks in it) with sesame oil, dried mustard powder, garlic, soy sauce, green onions, and a fuck-off amount of ginger. Also, the roasted, heavily salted chicken thigh meat you've shredded for this dish goes in to add some salty bits. It's some nice fall, earthy goodness.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

Morgan Davie said...

Frickin' NOM. That pumpkin dish sounds like something I could get behind.

Might be carvin' up some pumpkins with Pearce on the big day. Hope so. Won't be able to compare with your efforts though I'm sure.

POWER OF HEART