10.09.2009

New Work.

I've started my new job, which is pretty great. The hours are a little early for me- I have to wake up at 7! Can you believe how much of a wimp I am for that? Sad really.

But the post is exactly like I thought it'd be, which is to say, comfortable. My past experiences have made this pretty chill and low-stress. I got to take today at my own pace, and got a lot done, as I do. The boss doesn't seem to meddle. At all.

And he loved that I loved grated pickles on my sandwiches. (Best ever.)

Debuted my musical-listening style today to the kitchen crew. Various genres were hit upon:
-Van Morrison, His Band and the Street Choir
-Kasabian, The West Rider Pauper Lunatic Asylum
-Jerry Lee Lewis, Greatest Hits
-Sam Cooke, Live at Harlem Square
-The Hold Steady, Boys and Girls in America
-Los Lobos, La Pistola y El Corazon
-The Budos Band, The Budos Band II
-Various Artists, The Funk Box

Now, catching up on some odds and ends around the house. Enjoy this interesting thing which investigates the idea that "fun" can get people to use stairs instead:

No comments: