11.08.2009

G'T.

Last night I checked out the former industrial wasteland that is Georgetown.

There was a wedding there, in a very cool, retro space, that I worked for my job, then afterwards, I went around the corner to check out this bar called the 9 pound hammer (named after old railroad spike hammers I think), an unusual spot down there on the main drag.

I want to like G'Town. I do. The problem is that it's sooooooo far from the northern neighborhood that I live in. So why drive 20 minutes down the freeway to go to a few bars when, well, 20 minutes to Ballard (a more latitude-y move) to a lot of bars?
It's definitely an experience, but I also noticed a "cliqueyness" about the bar. You've gotta be from that hood. Outsiders served, but not afforded much else.
There are some other attractions too, and the old brick buildings appeal to me, but did I mention the large amount of trains and the fact its right next to Boeing Field with it's planes?
I'd go back. I don't know if I'd move down there though, in the end.

No comments: