11.01.2009

Pure Gold.

I am back after a very fun, yet exhausting weekend.

Thursday night, I had a well-lubricated Pumpkin Disembowelment Party, thus ensuring that I was hungover for Friday. That might have been the reason why I forgot my passport, remembering that it was sitting in my desk after driving about 45 miles north on I-5.....so I had to turn around. That put me almost 2 hours behind, as traffic then became an issue.

The rehearsal night went smooth. Dinner afterwards was an epic 10 course menagerie of Mandarin delights. Plenty of shredded sesame jelly fish, crab, black fungus and pork soup, bamboo hearts and other interesting things went down the gullet.

Yesterday was a marathon though. Up and running around at 8 am, taking care of errands, then getting Beth, as she was my date for the event. All dressed up, we had somewhere to go: the church to watch Chris and Larissa get hitched, and hitched they did indeed get.

Afterwards, I was subject to a sadistic photographer that thought that 3 hours of photo taking was fine. Really, if you can't get a good shot in half an hour or less, you're really not that good. That's like me making a bunch of dishes, then serving only a few of them to the customers. I'd be a hack.

The reception had a nice buffet, but of course, the highlight was the dancing. Specifically, me dancing. In a claret 1979 Disco Hustler costume I had acquired for the event. I shocked a few people, specifically the bride, but the fact I got so many people dancing and excited made it great in the end. I of course also forgot my camera with the power of the vermouth-made hangover, so I rely on others photo taking to make up for that. Visuals will be here, when I have them.

Returned today, after helping Beth move into her new place. It's very nice and respectable-like. Parents, siblings and friends: she's doing well for herself. No crackheads are running around those streets.

So I'm back and heading to bed. Adios.

1 comment:

Morgan Davie said...

The crackheads will come soon enough. THOSE DANG CRACKHEADS!

(That would be a great TV show to pair up with Kumara Junction. It would be like Beverly Hillbillies, only with crackheads.)