11.05.2009

Soup Cures.

I got sick today.

Not the swineflu sick of hyped-out media, but the good ol' fashioned, take a nap, and eat chicken soup variety.

So that's what I did.

After fixing my car* in the rain, which really sucks I must add, I drove to Ballard and bought a rain jacket/super-deal (Beth, 2nd ascent is the place to go!), I ate at SeƱor Moose Cafe, the cafe that has Morgue as it's patron saint. Those enchiladas put me in the sickness zone I reckon. I had been toeing the line, and then, blam-o, I was ill.
So then I made matzoh ball soup; competition-style soup is the cure. Lots of big matzoh balls, rich chicken broth, love. And some parsley.
Please know I am fine now.

*Car acted up last night before the Kenji and Wani Steak Night Man-Date. Which had 3 others show up. Which consumed both 3 T-Bones, as well as some spicy stuffed cabbage. And lots of wine. And lots of Bourbon. Thinking about that just made my head spin.....but the problem was the alternator which shorted on one of the connections. A simple repair, though wet. I hate to announce this to the world but: I am beginning the thinking process of a more practical, safe, efficient, comfortable car. So something made in my lifetime, as opposed to say, my father's....

No comments: